‘Pawn Stars’ Actor Sad News

Rick Harrison is best known for the reality TV show “Pawn Stars.” He both created the show and is the lead cast member on the show.

Now, Harrison’s family is grieving the death of Adam Harrison, Rick’s son. Adam was only 39 years old. His representative, Laura Herlovich, confirmed to The Las Vegas Review Journal that Adam’s cause of death was a drug overdose. She also confirmed that he was found dead on Friday January 19, 2024.

UPDATE: The cause of death of 39-year-old Adam Harrison has been released by the Clark County Coroner. His death has been ruled an accident. Harrison died from a lethal mix of fentanyl and methamphetamine. The Clark County coroner will release a full report at a later date. Fenanyl deaths have been on the rise in the US. The CDC reports that 73,654 people died from a fentanyl overdose in 2022, more than double the amount of 2019.

Adam Harrison, a plumber by trade, was not a regular cast member on the hit show Pawn Stars that has been running since 2009.

On behalf of the Harrison family, Herlovich issued a statement that reads, “Our family is extremely saddened by the death of Adam. We ask for privacy as we grieve his loss.”

Rick honored his son on Instagram by posting a photo of the two of them together. He captioned the post, “You will always be in my heart! I love you Adam.”


View this post on Instagram


A post shared by Rick Harrison (@rick_harrison)

The focus of the show “Pawn Stars” is the pawn shop Gold & Silver Pawn in Las Vegas. Adam reportedly worked at the pawn shop at one point, but he was never featured on the show.

Rick’s oldest son, Corey Harrison, was often featured on “Pawn Stars.” Corey also payed tribute to his younger brother on social media. He posted a picture of the two of them when they were little kids in the bathtub together. He wrote, “I will always love you bubba.”

TMZ was the first to break the sad news of Adam’s death. They reported that the Law Vegas Metro police department is investigating his death.

In a statement sent to FOX News Digital, Rick confirmed that his son’s exact cause of death was a fentanyl overdose. He added, “The fentanyl crisis in this country must be taken more seriously. It seems it is just flowing over the borders and nothing is being done about it. We must do better.”

According to the Drug Enforcement Agency, only 2 milligrams of fentanyl, which is less than a grain of salt, can be fatal.