Jay Leno Garage Fire Accident Worse Than Thought

s_bukley via Deposit Photos

On Saturday November 12, Leno was at this garage working on one of his cars, when a serious and unexpected accident happened. One of the cars suddenly and without warning erupted in flames. This unexpected fire injured Leno’s face, burning the left side but thankfully not burning his eyes or his ear.

TMZ learned that Leno could have lost his life if not for his quick-acting friend Dave who jumped on Leno and smothered the flames.

Leno talking with TMZ from his hospital bed said he was working on his 1907 White steam car to fix a clogged fuel line. “A a fuel leak and gasoline sprayed on his face and hands. Almost simultaneously a spark triggered an explosion, setting the comedian on fire.”

Leno suffered severe 3rd-degree burns on the left side of his face as well as hands and was rushed to the burn ward at Grossman Burn Center.

Here is a video of the 1907 White Steam Car Leno was working on:

Leno expects to remain in the hospital for a week or two. He has cancelled all appearances over next two weeks.

TipHero’s original story on Leno’s accident is here.

We are praying for a speedy recovery.

[Image credit: Wikipedia]