How to Naturally Clean Your Jewelry Without Scrubbing
If your jewelry is looking a little worse for wear, then you’ll want to try out this excellent natural jewelry cleaner idea we found over at Food thanks to The Clean Seed. Bring your old rings, necklaces, bracelets and other jewelry piece back to their former, shiny glory with these 5 simple ingredients – no scrubbing required!
Here’s what you need for 1 bowl of cleaning solution:
-1 tablespoon salt
-1 tablespoon baking soda
-1 tablespoon dish detergent
-1 cup water
-1 piece of aluminum
And here’s what you do:
- Heat up your water in the microwave for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil to roughly fit the bottom of your small bowl. Place foil in bowl.
- Pour hot water into the bowl, followed by salt, soda and dishwashing liquid.
- Place jewelry on top of the foil in the water mixture and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse jewelry in cool water, then dry with a soft cloth.
- Discard solutions and admire your sparkling jewelry, no scrubbing required!