How to Make a Beautiful Apple Cider Doughnut Cake With Boxed Cake Mix
Raise your hand if you’ve ever scrolled through all your foodie social media posts and wind up drooling. You think, “hmm, I should really make something like that!”
But then, reality sets in: You’re tired. You’re lazy. You don’t really know how to cook.
Well, lazy cooks, have we got a recipe for you. Literally, ANYONE can make this.
It’s an apple cider doughnut cake, and it’s as good as it sounds. This bundt cake is sweet and moist, fluffy and subtle, complete with a crunchy cinnamon-sugar topping plus an apple cider glaze for dipping.
Sounds complicated, right? It’s not! This cake is made with a basic yellow boxed cake mix, saving you tons of steps and time. Once you bake the boxed mix, the rest is easy peasy!
Below is the simple recipe from Priciness Pinky Girl. Try it out and tell us how you like it! Also, be sure to check out her blog, where she shares even more tips to make this delicious cake even easier.
- Yellow cake mix
- ¾ cup apple cider
- ¼ cup water, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
Optional Apple Cider Glaze Dip
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider
Directions for Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the dry cake mix, apple cider, apple sauce, water, and eggs.
- Add in cinnamon (1/4 tsp), brown sugar, and vanilla to the cake mix batter.
- Pour the mixture into a well-greased AND floured bundt pan.
- Place bundt pan on center rack and bake for 45 minutes. Test with a toothpick by sticking into the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean it is ready. Remove from heat and allow to cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
Directions for Glaze Topping
- While the cake is cooking, prepare the apple cider glaze by adding powdered sugar and the 1/4 cup apple cider to a small bowl and whisking them together until you reach your desired consistency.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar.
- Once the cake has cooled, brush the entire surface of the cake with melted butter. Rub the cinnamon sugar mixture until the whole cake is evenly coated.
- Serve the cake with the apple cider glaze dipping sauce and enjoy!
How delicious does this cake look? What’s your go-to baking recipe?