An American Couple’s Getaway To Mexico Turned Into A Horrific Tragedy.

A 43-year old man Jorge Guillen has passed away after being electrocuted in a jacuzzi in Mexico.

Per a translated message by the General Prosecutor’s Office of Justice of the State of Sonora.posted to Facebook the tragedy happened at about 8:30 pm local time on June 11. This occurred in a private condominium complex in Puerto Peñasco, Sonora.

The statement indicated that Jorge was in the jacuzzi with Lizzette Zambrano. Then, Jorge died and Lizzette was injured due to “possible electric discharge.” At the time of the statement, the full names were not provided.

Per authorities, an investigation is in process, and they seek to find the point of the electrical failure.

Jorge and Lizette are an American couple from El Paso Texas. Local authorities are reporting that Lizette is currently hospitalized in critical condition. She is in the process of being transferred to an American Hospital.

According to TMZ, per witness reports, a woman attempted to enter the hot tub when she noticed the unresponsive couple. As the good samaritan entered the tub, she was shocked, and began to seek help.

Friends of the couple have set up a GoFundMe. So far, over $30,000 has been raised.

“Our best friends have experienced a horrible accident. Jorge had a heart of gold and was always there for family and friends. The love they shared was one for ages. We are asking for your help to bring him home & help with medical expenses for her. As Lizzette is in the hospital her mother Maria has remained strong and has been helping during this difficult time. Maria will continue to support Lizzette to make sure she receives all donations. We are beyond thankful for the love and support that our friends have received.”

The incident occurred at the Sonoran Sea Resort. According to the Arizona Daily Star, Nurse Sara Gaitan-Perez, from Goodyear, Arizona was also a guest at the resort when the accident occurred. The nurse reported,

“We had just come up from the pool, and my husband and son were in that very same [hot tub] about an hour before,” she had performed CPR on the couple.

“The wife ended up becoming responsive and was breathing on her own by the time she was taken by gurney to the ambulance,” the nurse added.