How To Make The Most Effective Nail Polish Remover Jar
We’re always on a quest to get a salon-quality manicure at home, and for ways to make doing our nails as easy and efficient as possible. One of the trickiest steps? Getting that old polish off. Most of the time, we end up just ineffectively swiping at our nails with remover and a cotton swab, but there’s a better way: a nail polish remover bottle! We’ve seen a version of this idea before, but now Little Things has taken it to the next level and made it even more effective. Even better, it’s easy and only takes a few materials. Here’s how it’s done.
NAIL POLISH REMOVAL JAR
- 1 mason jar
- 3 sponges
- Roll each of the sponges and place them in the mason jar.
- Pour the acetone into the jar, fully saturating the sponges without allowing any liquid to stand in the jar.
- Let the sponges soak for 10 minutes.
- Screw on the lid and shake the jar.
- When you are ready to remove your nail polish, simply open the jar and stick your fingers into it, rubbing your nails against the sponges’ surfaces. After a few seconds of rubbing, check your nails, and if necessary, reinsert and repeat until all the polish is gone.
As the sponges dry out and/or wear down, replace them and the acetone as needed. Use your jar over and over again to remove polish as often as you like! What an easy way to make it quick and simple to change out all the different nail polish looks out there. When nail polish removal is this easy, we can wear a different style every day.
Now what about you? How often would you ideally like to change your nail polish look? Do you have any tricks of your own to make nail polish removal better? Watch Little Things demonstrate the making of this remover bottle, and tell us how it turns out when you give it a try!