Make Lotion for Less Than $1
Here’s a great recipe for making lotion that even costs less than the cheapo stuff at Walmart. As the main ingredient in lotion is water, there’s not much else to it besides oil. This easy and fun recipe will make you a 12 oz batch of your own lotion.
What You’ll Need:
- (2) Glass measuring cups (1 cup and 2 cup)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup emulsifying wax (available at some craft stores or online)
Here’s What You Need To Do:
- Fill small saucepan with water (to make a water bath) and set on medium low.
- Combine the oil and wax into the heatproof 1-cup measurer and melt the mixture in water bath.
- Fill the 2-cup measurer with water and heat in the microwave for 2 minutes or until it boils. You could also boil water on the stove and pour it into the measurer.
- When oil/wax mixture has melted, pour it into the water. The lotion should have the consistency of skim milk.
- Let cool a bit, then stir with a spoon and pour lotion into a bottle while it’s still warm.
- Leave cap off to let it cool completely, but occasionally cap the lotion and give it a quick shake to help blend mixture.
You can customize by combining other oils with olive oil, such as almond oil or coconut oil.
Source: How to Make Lotion