Kelly Clarkson Shells Out 5% of Her Montana Ranch to Ex-Husband Brandon Blackstock

People

Divorce can be quite messy. Not only is it hard emotionally, but there are a lot of details to work out, especially if the couple has children and owns property together. Splitting up belongings and agreeing on child custody often involve legal assistance to get everyone on the same page.

During the pandemic, Kelly Clarkson, and her husband at the time, Brandon Blackstock, were quarantining together at their ranch in Montana. Clarkson claims that spending so much time together at the ranch was not good for their marriage and played into her decision to file for divorce.

Clarkson now lives in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles, and she has primary custody of her children, but that does not mean that the divorce settlement has gone easily. Far from it. She is still battling her ex-husband over the Montana ranch.

Blackstock has been living on the ranch since the couple split up. The music manager intended to become a rancher full time and even host rodeos on the property.

Clarkson claims that the ranch is 100% her property. After all, she paid for the property herself with no help from Blackstock. She tried to evict Blackstock from the property so that she could sell it. Watch the video below to learn more about the complicated divorce and the situation with the Montana ranch.

The story is not over. After fighting with Blackstock about the ranch, she has decided to give him 5.12% of it. The total property is valued at $17,750,000. The part given to Blackstock is worth $908,800. According to court documents, Blackstock does not have any ownership or control of the other 94.88% of the ranch. That property solely belongs to Clarkson.

The decision to give Blackstock part of the ranch seems to be due to the fact that he currently has nowhere else to live and continues to refuse to leave the property.

According to US Weekly, a source close to Clarkson said, “Kelly recently had a major legal setback in a bid to get Brandon evicted from the Montana property that the judge awarded soley to her.” The source added, “He has been living in it and said he doesn’t have the financial means to afford to purchase a residence of his own at this time, citing the unresolved financial aspect of their divorce.”

We can only assume agreeing to give Blackstock 5.12% of the ranch is Clarkson’s attempt to move past the divorce instead of continuing to fight with her ex.

Do you think Clarkson made the right decision to give Blackstock part of the Montana ranch? Do you think the judge should have allowed Clarkson to evict her ex?