Garlic Buns Bursting With A Cheesy Secret
The only thing better than sitting down to dinner and biting into a warm, buttery dinner roll is doing so and finding gooey cheese on the inside! These garlic buns from Spend With Pennies combine bread, garlic and two types of cheese – almost all of my favorite ingredients! – for a delicious side that literally bursts with flavor. As a bonus, your kids can have fun helping you wrap the dough around the cheese. Check it out!
– 1 can of 10 premade biscuits (Spend With Pennies recommends Country Style) or your favorite biscuit dough
– 4 ounces of cubed cheddar cheese (about 20 cubes)
– 3 tablespoons of butter
– 1 garlic clove, crushed
– 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut each premade biscuit piece in half. If you’re using homemade dough, separate a bit large enough to comfortably wrap around a cube of cheese.
- Slightly roll out the piece of dough. Don’t worry about the shape!
- Place a cheese cube in the middle of the dough.
- Wrap the dough around the cheese, making sure to seal the edges, and then roll it in your hands to get a ball shape.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl with the garlic. You can do this step simply by microwaving it for 12 seconds!
- In another bowl, combine the parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip the dough-and-cheese ball into the butter and then the cheese. Place in the pan.
- Repeat until you run out of dough and/or cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until just browned.
These buns are perfect for both a casual family dinner or a fancier feast! What do you think? What other stuffed rolls do you like to make? How do you like to incorporate cheese into your favorite dishes?