15 Parents Who Have Been At The Mercy Of Their Fussy Eater Kids Share Their Woes
If your kid is a picky eater, you know the struggle. The struggle of trying to get them to just take one bite. The struggle of bribing them with dessert. The struggle of worrying about them getting enough to eat.
Don’t worry—fussy eating is pretty common among little ones. So if you’re sick of making macaroni and cheese and chicken nuggets for the tenth time this week, know that you’re not alone. Here are 15 parents who shared some hilariously relatable tweets regarding their kids’ picky eating habits. Enjoy!
Always Throwing Food Away
You could make dinner for a toddler, or you could just cut out the middle man & throw away a plate of food and squirt ketchup on the dog.
— Simon Holland (@simoncholland) September 12, 2014
Or Seeing it Turn Up Again
Apparently I pack an apple in my 5 year old’s lunch so it can get out of the house for a few hours.
— Brian Hope (@Brianhopecomedy) April 15, 2013
They Never Like Anything Home Made
Dinner is a great time for my family to come together to tell each other exactly what is wrong with the meal I made.
— Jessie (@mommajessiec) March 20, 2018
Their Preferences Are Strange
My preschooler is a pretty picky eater for someone who snacks on boogers all day.
— Walking Outside in Slippers (@WalkingOutside) May 5, 2016
Always Asking for Snacks After Meals
Wish I was as brave as my kid who just ate zero bites of her dinner and then asked my wife for a snack 6 minutes after the table was clear.
— Simon Holland (@simoncholland) September 15, 2015
So Many Tears
— Mommy Shrink (@mommyshrink) April 8, 2013
. They Hate Something They Liked Last Week
Parenthood is full of surprises. Fix your child’s favorite breakfast, yogurt with peaches, and SURPRISE! They now hate yogurt. And peaches.
— MyMomologue (@MyMomologue) June 22, 2017
You Reevaluate Your Career
If persuading my kids to eat the dinner I cook every night doesn’t count as sales experience, I don’t know what does.
— MamaFizzles (@MamaFizzles) June 27, 2017
You Succumb to Questionable Measures
Hey, parents of an only child considering having one more, know that I just split an M&M in half.An M&M.In half.
— Val (@ValeeGrrl) November 7, 2015
They Live Off a Select Few Items
Toddler food pyramid: Cheese Yellow crackers Meat pressed into shapesF R U I T S N A C K S
— Jennifer S. White (@yenniwhite) April 11, 2017
So Much Ketchup and Cheese
70% of parenting is just melting cheese on stuff to try and get your kids to eat it.The other 30% is dipping it in ketchup.
— Babies Daddy (@dshack8) July 12, 2015
They’re Literally Never Satisfied
5-year-old: I’m hungry.Me: *lists 100 different things she could eat*5: Anything else?
— James Breakwell, Exploding Unicorn (@XplodingUnicorn) February 25, 2018
It’s Just One Big Joke Now
I made food for my son, set it in front of him like he was going to eat it and then we just laughed and laughed.
— Mommy Cusses (@mommy_cusses) February 21, 2016
God Forbid You Try to Hide a Veggie
— Valerie Belknap (@vbelknap) October 10, 2015
You’re Already Thinking of Revenge
— Verónica Curran (@sereia85) November 30, 2017
Do you have a picky eater? How do you deal? Share your most relatable anecdote!