20 Cleaning Hacks Every Parent Should Have Up Their Sleeves
Parents: does it seem like no matter how hard you try, you just can’t keep up with cleaning when you have kids? We know that all of the parents out there can use all the help they can get. That’s why we’ve compiled some of the best cleaning tips we could find. We know that many of these will come in handy in your everyday lives.
1. Clean dingy outdoor toys with vinegar and dish soap.
Learn how to do this here.
2. For a quick cleanup job, use a baby wipe.
These definitely come in handy when you’re looking to quickly clean counters, remotes tabletops, handles, and more.
3. Use toothpaste to remove (not-so) permanent marker from floors.
We didn’t realize it was this easy.
4. If your carpet could us a deep cleaning, use a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water.
The results speak for themselves:
5. Sweat stains are no match for lemons and salt.
All you need to do it wet the stain with lemon juice, then cover the stain completely in a thin layer of salt. Rub together and wash normally for impressive results.
6. Crayon stains on clothing are no match for WD-40.
You can learn how this works over here. It even works on washed-on crayon!
7. Use toothpaste to make your tennis shoes white again.
All you need is some toothpaste and a toothbrush.
8. Use baking soda and water to get crayon off of walls.
Just make a paste out of baking soda and water, then apply the paste to the crayon on the wall and scrub with a rag or sponge. When you’re finished, just wipe the baking soda residue off of the wall with a little warm, soapy water.
9. Remove stains from onesies with hydrogen peroxide, dish soap and baking soda.
Learn how to make this heavy-duty stain remover here.
10. The dishwasher doesn’t just clean dishes.
Just toss dirty toys in the dishwasher for a quick cleaning.
11. If your kids destroyed your back seats, white vinegar, dish soap and club soda will do the trick.
Get full instructions for making this cleaner from the Inspired Housewife here.
12. Dealing with a nasty carpet spill. Vinegar, dish soap and salt can come to the rescue.
Learn how to make this powerful stain remover here.
As a bonus, this formula can double as a weed killer.
13. If Teddy is getting dirty, then toss him in the washing machine.
Just be sure to follow these key instructions to keep him looking his best.
14. Baking soda can help to clean up sick kids’ vomit.
Just make sure to do a good job vacuuming afterwards.
15. Clean car seat straps quickly with baby wipes.
Just keep a spare box in the car at all times.
16. Did your kid pee the bed? Baking soda can, yet again, come to your aid.
To learn how to make your own stain remover, check out this tutorial from DIY hangout.
17. Give stuffed animals a light cleaning with water and dish soap.
Just use a rag or paper towel to apply and wipe gently.
18. Hard-to-reach places for you (but easy-to-reach spaces for babies) can be cleaned with dryer sheets.
This trick works beautifully on baseboards and corners.
19. Sanitize and deodorize sippy cups and soothers with a white vinegar soak.
This will definitely come in handy if your babies like to throw things on the ground frequently.
20. Gather up small toys with a dustbin.
For when you just don’t feel like picking up toys piece by piece.