Brad Pitt Is Suing Angelina Jolie for Selling Their Winery Without His Consent

Entertainment Tonight

Back in 2008, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie decided to buy a winery together. They chose Chateau Miraval in Correns, France. Pitt paid approximately 60% of the purchase price, while Jolie paid the remaining 40%. The total purchase price was $28.4 million. They later got married at Chateau Miraval in 2014.

Unfortunately, love doesn’t always last. Jolie filed for divorce from Pitt just 2 years after their wedding. She claimed irreconcilable differences. 

Divorces are never easy, especially when children and property are involved, such as a multi-million dollar winery in France. Jolie no longer wanted to own the winery or be a business partner with her ex-husband, but Pitt didn’t buy her out. Eventually, her attorney looked into the possibility of having a third party buy her shares in the winery.

Jolie ended up selling her shares in the winery to a company called Tenute del Mondo that is controlled by Russian oligarch, Yuri Shefler. Pitt claims he was okay with Jolie looking into selling her shares, but he wanted to give his consent before the sale was finalized. He claims that didn’t happen and that Jolie sold her shares without telling him.

Pitt claims that he has been running the winery without Jolie’s help and that he wanted to continue to run the winery; however, he says that Shefler is making it nearly impossible for him to do that.

A source close to Pitt told TMZ, “Unfortunately, this is another example of the same person disregarding her legal and ethical obligations. In doing so, she has violated the rights of the only person who poured money and sweat equity into the success of the business by purporting to sell both the business and family home to a third-party competitor.” The source added, “She is seeking a return on an investment she did not make and profits she did not earn.”

Now, Pitt is suing Jolie for damages, and he wants a judge to undo the sale of the winery. Watch the video below for more information about Pitt’s lawsuit against Jolie.